And here it is...

I can proudly announce that I have accepted the role of Resident Designer for ICW Productions and Stage Door School of Performing Arts.

Working closely with Ian Westrip OAM, I'll be responsible for the design and construction of scenic, prop and costume elements for productions mounted under the ICW Productions umbrella, primarily catering to post-grad opera students as well as shows produced by the Stage Door School of Performing Arts. 

Part of our aim is to provide performance opportunities for emerging performers and creatives once they leave study in order to build on skills already learned, while gaining valuable experience from some of the industry's best names.

Providing opportunities for people with disabilities also forms part of Ian's vision for this project and I could not be happier with the support I have been shown and given since beginning my association with him on bringing Britten's The Rape of Lucretia to life. The first of many successful operatic ventures for sure.

I will still be taking on private prop and design commissions but will be moving to new Studio digs sometime in the New Year in order to accommodate the recent expansion of my workload.

The future for me looks bright right now. Never stop following your dreams, I am living proof of that.


Comments