Throwback Thursday

The Throne - Front Elevation
The Throne - Front Elevation

Given that The Diments is about to have it's first fully professional staging in a few months I thought I would share this image of one of my original designs for it's world premiere season with you.

The Vehicle - Full Side Elevation
The Vehicle
Full Side Elevation
The Mirror/Operating Table Front Elevation
The Mirror/Operating Table
Front Elevation
The Coffin
Side Elevation

Initially the brief for this piece of stage magic was for a 'throne that turns into a mirror, that turns into n operating table that turns into a vehicle'. While the show's creator, Keshet, said he'd be happy with a 'Flintstones car kind of thing' the Designer in me thought 'Over my dead body' and this was the result.

The Vehicle Front Section Front Elevation
The Vehicle Front Section
Front Elevation
The Vehicle Front Section Side Elevation
The Vehicle Front Section
Side Elevation
The Throne Side Elevation
The Throne
Side Elevation

The end result could be rotated and moved across the stage and it was hinged so that the back of the throne could be tilted to form the coffin and with the addition of the front of the vehicle it turned into a rather nasty looking motorbike (see pic number 2).

I loved my time working on The Diments, we had an amazing cast and crew and it gave me the confidence to get back into doing what I love most while recovering from my stroke.





Comments