Wet Sounds 2019


Wet Sounds, Perth 2019. Alien Pod props

Now that the season has finished for Fringe World Perth and heads to Adelaide in a couple of weeks I thought I'd share with you a couple of images of some of the props I made.  

Wet Sounds, Perth 2019. Headdress detail.This was a particularly challenging commission in that everything needed to be waterproofed and I was incorporating electrics into some of my designs for the first time, also to be used underwater.  

Ultimately I would say with mixed success and with definite room for improvement but in the end I am rather happy with the results.

After Adelaide, the parts I made head to the UK with their new owner to seek a new life on the other side of the globe.

For a review of the show and a couple of pics have a look here.  Now for me it's back to the world of opera for my next commission, projections for a Mozart opera, which I will reveal soon.

If you want to know more about the incredible soundscapes composed by Joel Lux and Wet Sounds, head to the official website.

Comments