The Ring Project

Wagnerian Forest Concept
Wagnerian Forest Concept
Over the past few days I have been revisiting the original images I did for my Nibelungenlied Project, henceforth known here for brevity as the Ring Project.  One of the things that really struck me was how dark everything was originally.  

It's always great to be able to go back after some time with a different set of eyes as it were and as a result have been brightening and retouching where I see fit.  The result has astounded even me and I discovered many details obscured by the somewhat half-light quality I gave the originals.  

Almost like peeling back the layers of grime in a restoration only to find until now, obscured details.  So you see, it's been quite a lot of fun and I'll be posting some of the more striking results as we go along.

In the meantime, here is an sketch I did back when still working it all out in my head and had since forgotten about.  It makes me think of Fritz Lang.  I rather like it.



Comments

  1. Thank you for your devotion to the great Richard Wagner He more than any other composer inventor builder of the never to surpassed opera house in Germany The music the drama and you seem to know how to capture it Thanks
    Nigel R Seccombe nrssutton@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nigel. The designs are headed to the US in May for their stage debut with Pacific Northwest Opera, to be performed in one evening. If you are in the US then I do hope you can make it. https://pnopera.org/performance/the-ring-of-the-nibelung/

      Delete

Post a Comment