WA Opera/WA Pride Float, 2015



It's been a while since I've posted anything I know.  The reason being that the past three weeks have been crazy busy.  Anyway things have settled down to a dull roar as I prepare to go to the UK for three weeks of absolute bliss.

I thought I'd share this souvenir of my time working on the float for the WA Opera's first entry into thr WA Pride parade this year.  It was a privilege to be asked to design this and a lot of fun in the process.

Special thanks go to David Jones and Nola Formentin who got me involved to start with, Merri Ford and the team at Hustle & Bustle Costumes who gave me much sage advice and the use of their facilities and costumes, Robert Fletcher for his untiring, never ending support, mixing and driving skills, Andie Rogers and James Palmer for help with the float and last but certainly not least, Damon Pages-Oliver and Peter Eastwood who with their team at Blazing Swan built the giant dress and props like the Valkyrie shields.  

Thanks also to the WA Opera, the chorus and everyone else involved in making this one of the highlights of my year so far.

#WAOpera #BlazingSwan #WAPride 

Comments

  1. Aww, glad we could offer ears, shoulders and sage advice. I was great to see the whole thing come together. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment