Image of the Day

It's been a very busy few days with operatic commitments and a return back to my normal schedule after a couple of stressful weeks, hence the reason I've been a bit silent here.  Anyway, during the week I was given an offer too good to refuse.  Consider this post a slice of inspiration for a very exciting project I've joined which is dear to my heart.

While Violetta isn't really a role you'd generally associate with La Tebaldi with her big spinto voice, she did perform it to great success at the Met and other houses around the world to great acclaim, live recordings abound, plus we have the studio recording for Decca.

It was once said that Violetta's fall into two camps - those that sing Act 1 successfully and those that sing the rest of the opera.  There is no doubt where Tebaldi lies, although I do find a great deal of charm and warmth in her efforts in the great showpiece of Act 1 (her laughter and awkward coluratura forgiven).  Have a great weekend everyone.



#LaTraviata #RenataTebaldi #Verdi #Opera #Diva #Soprano

blairparkinson.com


Comments