Music for a Sunday


March 21 marks the birth, this year the 330th, of Johann Sebastian Bach.  Now considered one of the giants of Western Music, we're fortunate to have much of his prolific output survive the passage of time.

Call me pedestrian, I know many Bach purists who will tell me there are so many other works musically more worthy of my attention, but the Brandenburg Concertos BWV 1046-1051 are in my mind the most perfect creations Bach ever wrote.  Together they form a perfect whole of pathos, melancholy, jollity, happiness and technical perfection all rolled into 6 colourful concertos.

Below is the beautifully recorded set by Jordi Savall and it's highly original indeed, as one can expect from Maestro Savall and Hesperion XX1, pefect for a Sunday afternoon's listening.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Presto Classical - Buy classical CDs, opera CDs, & DVDs online



#JSBach #HappyBirthdayBach #HappyBirthday

www.blairparkinson.com

Comments