Image of the Day - The Stones at Midsummer

The Stones at Midsummer

This is a half-hour speed painting I did a few weeks ago and I thought it apt to share with you today, the Summer Solstice here in the Southern Hemisphere.  There are a few of these in different states and my aim was more of atmosphere rather than any detail in particular.

Evoking the ancient rites of summer for this one, the soundtrack I listened to while designing this was Igor Stravinsky's Le Sacre du Printemps.  While searching for a particular recording I came across this gem below.  

Stravinsky conducting the work for CBS back in 1960 with the Columbia Symphony Orchestra.  The detail is astounding and it's incredible to hear exactly what the composer had intended the piece to sound like in performance.  Treat yourself, the remastering is well worth it.


                        


Happy Solstice to you, be it Winter or Summer.

Comments