Image of the Day


I can't believe we are already at the halfway mark of the week, it's flown by.  I am being slack today and posting an image I uploaded in the bunch on Sunday.

This scene, from Gotterdammerung, where Hagen spears Siegfried through the back is meant to flow on from the previous waterfall scene with the seamless appearance of the other scenic elements.  My intention is to create the effect of a cinematic widescreen close up.

At about the point in the score where Siegfried begins to tell his tale to the men and begins to remember Brunnhilde (thanks to the mickey slipped to him by Hagen) is where I cannot help but begin to tear up and pretty much don't stop until the final chords of the Immolation Scene have died away.  As you could well imagine, I was a mess after the Met's HD broadcast.

Scene 3 is still a work in progress, as is the only other remaining scene to illustrate, that of Siegfried, Act 1.  


Comments