Review: WA Opera's La Traviata


Exactly what Verdi's La Traviata is doing in WA Opera's "Year of the Divo" I will never know.  Alfredo has to be one of the most annoying tenor roles in the repertoire.

Anyway, their current revival of Elijah Moshinsky's beautiful production is currently underway at His Majesty's Theatre, Perth.  It runs until April 20 so if you are in area go see it.

My experience was unfortunately marred by two ladies, and I use the term loosely, sitting behind us who persisted in talking through a good deal of the performance.

It was however when one of them started humming the Brindisi quite loudly that I thought I was going to be in for a long afternoon.  However they didn't quite dampen my enthusiasm for such a beautiful production.  Click on the thumbnail for my review, then go see it for yourself.


Comments