The Long Weekend, Part 1

I'm half way through the storyboard of my concept for Wagner's Der Ring Des Nibelungen.  This is the reason why you haven't seen many completed images being added into any of the galleries.

While I may only ever use it to form the basis of some scenery animations that is have planned for later, the Nibelungenlied Project, it has been quite an invaluable experience to do this.  I've really got to know the music drama on a whole new level. 

And now I push on, into the second half of this epic, with Siegfried.  The opera is pretty much mapped out in my mind and  I just need to put it onto paper.  As of tonight Act 1 and  most of Act 2 are in the bag.

It's Gotterdammerung that is really challenging me, though I do have some (hopefully) excellent ideas evolving.  The drama really strikes a chord in me as Wagner's music enters the realm of Man, in all it's glory and ugliness.  

So stop by the Fantasy Art gallery on your way through, there you can see the progress on this project so far, that and much more.


Comments