Der Ring des Nibelungen



This just arrived in my inbox.  After falling in love with the lastest Das Rheingold from the Metropolitan Opera, I was somewhat reluctant to view this as I didn't think that it could be possible that anything could come close to the visual spectacle of Robert Lepage's vision of the Ring Cycle.

Judging from the all but brief trailer above, I think I might be wrong.  This is something I will definitely be investing in over the coming months as it looks truly spectacular.

Staged in Valencia by the acrobatic troupe La Fure dels Baus, who were responsible for part of the opening ceremony at the Barcelona Olympics, and conducted by Zubin Mehta, it combines amazing acrobatics, incredible state of the art projections and looks to be quite a treat.  You can view the gallery and learn more about the production at the homepage.

Comments